dt ogilvie, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor of Urban Entrepreneurship, Founder, Center for Urban Entrepreneurship (CUE) | Chair, CUE Advisory Board
Dr. dt ogilvie is a Distinguished Professor of Urban Entrepreneurship and former Dean and Professor of Business Strategy at Saunders College of Business at the Rochester Institute of Technology. She is the Founder of the Center for Urban Entrepreneurship (CUE) and recently assumed the position of Chair of Board of Advisors of CUE. Dr. ogilvie is formerly Professor of Business Strategy & Urban Entrepreneurship at Rutgers Business School - Newark and New Brunswick. She was Founding Director of The Center for Urban Entrepreneurship & Economic Development (CUEED) and Founding Director of the Scholarship Training and Enrichment Program (STEP), which helps underprepared incoming freshmen succeed at Rutgers Business School. Dr. ogilvie has published in top journals and five of her research papers have been recognized with research awards. Her research interests include strategic decision making and the use of creativity to enhance business and battlefield decision making and applying complexity theory to strategy and creativity; executive leadership strategies of multicultural women executives; women in the executive suite; assessing environmental dimensions; strategic thinking in the 21st century; cognition and strategic decision making; and entrepreneurship and economic development of urban cities.
Office Hours & Staff Assistant Information
By Appointment Only
Please contact Dr. ogilvie by Email to arrange.
- Ph.D. in Strategic Management from The University of Texas at Austin, 1994
- M.B.A. in Business Strategy and Policy from Southern Methodist University, 1986
- Dean & Professor of Business Strategy | Saunders College of Business, Rochester Institute of Technology | 2012-Present
- Founder- The Center of Urban Development (CUE) | Saunders College of Business, Rochester Institute of Technology | 2012-Present
- Founding Director, Scholars Training and Enrichment Program (STEP) | Rutgers Business School | 2007-2012
- Founding Director, The Center For Urban Entrepreneurship & Economic Development (CUEED) | Rutgers Business School | 2008-2012
- Professor of Business Strategy & Urban Entrepreneurship | Rutgers Business School | 2011-2012
- Associate Professor of Strategic Management | Rutgers Business School | 2000-2011
- Associate Provost for Information Technology Strategy & Chief Information Officer | Rutgers- The State University of New Jersey | 2001-2004
- Assistant Professor of Strategic Management | Graduate School of Management/ Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey | 1994-2000
- Harvard Business School- The Art & Craft of Discussion Leadership
- Harvard University- Management Development Program
- Harvard University- Using Web Tools in Your Classroom
- Georgia State University- Master-Teaching Program
- University of Michigan- Inter-university Consortium for Political & Social Research
- The University of Texas at Austin- Advanced Marketing Program